OPDAG #4, Spring 1985
20 Pages, Reprinted in Book Format
(12 pages shown above)
For you nostalgia lovers, and those interested in some valuable art-tips and artists of the day, you will enjoy this issue. (This is the precursor to the magazine now published by my daughter, Jenny- Paper Doll Studio.)
These were also the days of working with a typewriter! And doing hand-paste-ups. I had to do some cleaning up of yellowed tracing parchments which had been pasted on to get this new version ready for you.
Here's a nifty discovery: I used Scotch Magic Removable Tape (blue label) to tape the pages together, and I removed it cleanly, easily, with no sticky stuff left on the pages...this after 24 years!
First printed in single pages and stapled at the edge, this version is 20 b/w pages, stapled book size, 8.5"x11".
* Artist-Member News
* Techni-Tips: Erasers -by Peggy Jo Rosamond
* Techini-Tips: Using Light Boxes- by Pat Stall
* Artist Critique
* Members' Paper Doll Art
* Q&A: Finding addresses of celebs
* Q&A: Copyrights on old PDs?
* Q&A: Techinical Pens, and other pens
* Q&A: How to paint light dots on dark ground
* Taking Your Work Seriously by Bonnie Gurzenda
* Polishing your PD Art- by Judy
* Bill Woggon & Barb Rausch new PD, Vicki Valentine
* Dealing With Printers, by Johanna Anderton
* Drawing to Scale, by Johanna Anderton
* Preparing for Oct. 1986 Florida Convention
* Art by: Helen Page, Pat Stall, Bill Woggon, Barb Rausch, Lou Rathjen, Marianne Anderson, Sylvia Fahey, Charles Ventura, Elizabeth Nygaard, Audrey Kaiser, Pearl Silzley, Gay Curran, Queen Holden, Judy M Johnson, Linda Lake, Kay Stamps, Nita Kindle, Jayne Keller, Emma Terry, and Helen Johnson.
Editors: Pat Stall, Johanna Anderton, and Judy M Johnson. Contributors: Various artist-members.
20 b/w pages, book format, finished size: 8.5"x11"